SASCO believes that businesses are responsible for achieving good environmental practice and operating in a sustainable manner.
We are therefore committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral and fundamental part of our business strategy and operating methods.
It is our priority to encourage our customers, suppliers and all business associates to do the same. Not only is this sound commercial sense for all; it is also a matter of delivering on our duty of care towards future generations.
Our policy is to:
- Wholly support and comply with or exceed the requirements of current environmental legislation and codes of practice.
- Minimise our waste and then reuse or recycle as much of it as possible.
- Minimise energy and water usage in our buildings, vehicles and processes in order to conserve supplies, and minimise our consumption of natural resources, especially where they are non-renewable.
- Operate and maintain company vehicles (where appropriate) with due regard to environmental issues as far as reasonably practical and encourage the use of alternative means of transport and car sharing as appropriate.
- Apply the principles of continuous improvement in respect of air, water, noise and light pollution from our premises and reduce any impacts from our operations on the environment and local community.
- As far as possible purchase products and services that do the least damage to the environment and encourage others to do the same.
- Assess the environmental impact of any new processes or products we intend to introduce in advance.
Working in conjunction with Urban Impact, we've helped save:
Aboriginal Inclusion Policy
SASCO supports the inclusion of local communities, including Aboriginal communities. We value a strong commitment to Aboriginal Inclusion and partnerships; a commitment which encompasses 4 pillars:
- Skills training
- Procurement of materials or sub-contractors through Aboriginal business
- Joint venture partnerships
By engaging local Aboriginal communities and developing a sustainable relationship based on any or all of the above pillars our goal is to increase our own diversity and positively impact social and economic growth in communities where we do business.
Please contact us with any questions or issues related to our policies.